Thursday, January 20, 2011

Archiving Rocco

Here's how NEARR, Rocco's rescue group, described him:




Age: 9 years old
Breed: Labrador
Color: Chocolate
Sex: Neutered male
Size: 70 lbs
Exercise: Moderate
Children: Yes!
Cats: Yes!
Dogs: Yes!
Reason for Surrender: Losing home, unable to afford

Hi, I'm Rocko. I'm an older, gentle, happy dog who just loves everyone. I lived with my family my whole life, but they are having hard times and can't afford to give me the care I need, so I'm looking for a new forever home. I lived with children and loved them, so if you have children or grand-children, no worries there. I love them and they'll love me. I lived with cats, but I'm a little afraid of them. I have a canine foster sister, and we get along just fine. I like to meet new people, and have them pet me and tell me how good and handsome I am. I'm just a really good-natured boy.

My foster mom says I'm a velcro dog: I just want to be near you. I will follow you around and never try to run off. I have excellent house manners and have run of the house. I sleep in her bedroom right beside the bed. I don't have any of those bad habits like chewing or jumping. I do bark when someone comes to the door, but stop right away and greet them appropriately. I pull a little on the leash, but walk well with an EZ walk harness.

I like to go for walks and love car rides.

I have a chronic ear infection that is now being treated, and is looking much better. I also recently had several teeth removed, so my dental problems are taken care of.

Even though I'm 9 years old, I still have a lot of love to give. Please take me home with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment